Bataan-Manila Gas Pipeline 2
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bataan-Manila Gas Pipeline 2 (BatMan2) was a proposed natural gas pipeline in the Philippines, which is now presumed cancelled.
The pipeline runs from Bataan, Philippines to Manila, Philippines.
- Operator: PNOC
- Owner: PNOC
- Parent company: PNOC
- Length: 93 mi / 150 km
- Status: Cancelled
- Start year:
- Associated infrastructure:
The project was effectively shelved by the Philippines' government in 2017 when the Batangas-Manila Gas Pipeline was shelved due to right-of-way issues and concerns about insufficient supply for the pipeline. In response to a Freedom of Information request in January 2020, Philippine National Oil Company said that the project never took off from the concept stage. Therefore, it is considered cancelled.
Articles and resources
- Philippines Discussing Batman-2 Pipeline With International Contractors, Pipeline & Gas Journal, July 2010
- "eFOI - Electronic Freedom of Information - Request- Batangas-Manila and Bataan-Manila Natural Gas Pipeline Projects". eFOI - Electronic Freedom of Information. Retrieved 2021-09-22.
- "Philippines Discussing Batman-2 Pipeline With International Contractors". pgjonline.com. Retrieved 2021-09-22.
- PNOC shifts track on Batangas-Manila gas pipeline project, Manila Bulletin, Jan. 23, 2017