Tongmei Yongji power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Tongmei Yongji power station is a 1,300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Yongji City, Yuncheng Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
The first seven units of Tongmei Yongji power station, totaling 380 MW, were commissioned from 1973 to 2000. Units 1-2 were retired in 1990, and units 3-7 retired in 2013. Units 8-9, totaling 600 MW, were brought online between 2006 to 2007. The plant is owned by Datong Coal Mining Group.
Description of Expansion
- Sponsor: Zhangze Power
- Parent company: Datong Coal Mining Group
- Location: Yongji City, Yuncheng Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.8559852, 110.4706728 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-7); Operating (Units 8-11)
- Gross capacity: 1,300 MW (Units 8 & 9: 300 MW; Units 10 & 11: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2006 (Unit 8); 2007 (Unit 9); 2015 (Unit 10); 2016 (Unit 11)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: