Gölovası power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Gölovası power station is a proposed 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Adana province, Turkey.
The map below shows the proposed site of the plant near Gölovası, Yumurtalık district, Adana province.
Background on Plant
A previous proposal existed to build a coal-fired power plant of 1,215 MW near Gölovası, in the district of Yumurtalık, where several other coal plant projects are located. The plant's proponent is Suba Enerji, with contracting work being done by Sarp Elektrik. There was no news on this project for several years.
Recently, along with several other plants in the area, this project has been repurposed as a 660 MW coal-fired plant, and in January 2015 a new preliminary Environmental Impact Statement was issued. The project's cost is listed at 1.8 billion lira, or $700 million.
The power station was one of several proposed plants in the region. In response, local groups filed a lawsuit challenging the plants. In October 2015, the production licenses for four plants were cancelled due to their cumulative health and environmental impacts, including Gölovası.
- Sponsor: Suba Enerji
- Parent company: Bilgin Elektrik
- Location: Gölovası village, Yumurtalık district, Adana province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 36.85356, 35.89809 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 660 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source: Imported (Russia, South America, South Africa)
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Adana'da kömür santrali için Bilgin'e red, GDF Suez'in basvurusu incelemede, Enerji Günlügü, Mar. 6, 2013.
- Detaylar: Sarp Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- "World Electric Power Plants Database,", Platts, December 2013. The database is not available online but can be purchased from Platts.
- GÖLOVASI TERMİK SANTRALI: ÇEVRESEL ETKİ DEĞERLENDİRMESİ BAŞVURU DOSYASI (Environmental Impact Assessment Application File), Çınar Mühendislik Müsavirlik A.S., 16 Jan. 2015.
- "4 termik santral lisans başvuruları, mahkeme tarafından iptal edildi," CIHAN, 14.10.2015
- "Elektrik Piyasası Önlisansları," EMRA, accessed December 2019
- "Gölovası Termik Santral," e-EIA, Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, General Directorate of Environmental Impact Assessment Permit and Inspection, accessed June 2018