Habas steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Habas steel plant (HABAŞ (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in İzmir, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in İzmir, Turkey.
Habas S.A. is a large industrial and medical gas producer and distributor of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and compressed natural gas (CNG), in addition to producing steel.
Habas S.A. was established in 1985, but their steelmaking plant began operations in 1987.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Habas Group
- Owner: Habas S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Habas Demir Celik
- Other language plant name: HABAŞ (Turkish)
- Location: Sanayi Cad. No: 26, Bozköy Aliağa, İzmir, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 38.751462, 26.950172 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1987 (age 32–33)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 4500 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: billet, slab, deformed bar, wire rod, hot rolled coil
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 electric arc furnaces (EAF)
Articles and resources