Halyvourgiki steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Elefsina, Greece.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Halyvourgiki Inc.
- Owner: Halyvourgiki Inc.
- Location: 20 km Athens, Korinthos National Road, 19200, Elefsina, Greece
- GPS Coordinates: 38.043873, 23.508083 (exact)
- Plant status: closed in 2018
- Start year: 1932 (age 88–89)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2500 (BOF)
- Iron: >0 (BF)
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF)
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 blast furnaces; basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources
- Halyvourgiki, European Pollutant Release and Transfer Register, 2017
- Greek Steel Giant Shuts Over Unpaid Electric Bills, The National Herald Staff, Dec. 19, 2018, Retrieved on: Jul. 16, 2020
- Halyvourgiki steel producer grinds to a halt, Ekathimerini, Dec. 18, 2018, Retrieved on: Jul. 16, 2018