Herne-6 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Herne-6 power station is a proposed 400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Herne, the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
- Sponsor: STEAG
- Parent company: KSBG Kommunale Beteiligungsgesellschaft GmbH & Co. KG
- Location: Herne, the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Coordinates: 51.5369, 7.2009 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 400 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 400 MW (to start 2022)
Articles and Resources
- German utilities' plans for new capacity, Reuters, APRIL 1, 2019.
- STEAG and Siemens sign contract for construction of the new combined cycle power plant in Herne, Germany July 31, 2018 (accessed Jan. 8, 2020)
- STEAG GmbH, LEI Reference Data accessed Jan. 8, 2020