Jhiria coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Jhiria West coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, in the villages of Bhalmuri and Soutanchua, District Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the proposed location of the Jhiria West ppencast coal mine.
Background on Mine
The Jhiria West coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India. the mine has a designed capacity of 1.5 million-tonnes-per-annum on an area of 482.694 Ha. The Jhiria West Opencast Project lies immediately west of old Rajnagar incline of Rajnagar leasehold area and is part of Sohagpur coalfields under the administrative control of Hasdeo area of SECL.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Vilages Bhalmuri and Soutanchua, District Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh, India
- GPS coordinates: Longitude 23.188893, Latitude 82.101590
- Capacity: 1.5 MTPA
- Production: 0.22 million tonnes (2020)
- Extractable Reserves: 14.35 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking, Grade 6, GCV 5524 Kcal/Kg.
- Mine Size: 482.694 Ha
- Mine Type: Opencast
- Start Year:
- Status: Proposed
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: Executive Summary of Jhiria West Opencast coal mine project submitted by SECL to MoEF&CC India for grant of ToR, June 2018
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications: