Jinfeng Cuncaota Coal Mine (Cuncaota No.2 Coal Mine)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia, China.
Coal Mine Background
Jinfeng Cuncaota Coal Mine (Cuncaota No.2 Coal Mine) is operated by Shendong Coal Branch of China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd. Cuncaota No. 2 Mine was built in August 1988 and was simply put into operation in 1992.Its predecessor was a military-run coal mine. At the end of 1998, it was transferred to Shenhua Group and officially changed its name to Cuncaota Coal Mine of Jinfeng Coal Co., Ltd. 
In March 2010, the mine was renovated and expanded, and the original design was increased from 0.60Mt/a to 2.70Mt/a. In January 2018, the National Coal Mine Safety Supervision Bureau agreed to increase the production capacity of Jinfeng Cuncaota Coal Mine from 2.70Mt/a to 4.50Mt/a.
- Operator:China Shenhua Energy Co., Ltd. Shendong Coal Branch
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Ulan Mulun Town, Ejin Horo Banner, Ordos City, Inner Mongolia
- GPS Coordinates:39.487844, 110.057498(exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.5Mt/a
- Minable Reserves: 150Mt
- Coal Type:bituminous (non-caking coal,long flame coal),Thermal
- Mine Size: 16.5k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1992