Jingneng Xvwen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jingneng Xvwen power station (京能徐闻电厂), also known as Guangdong Jingneng Xuwen Power Plant, is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Longtang Town.
Background on Plant
The project has faced strong public opposition since it was proposed in 2013, and is likely abandoned.
- Sponsor: Beijing Energy Group
- Location: Haizai Village, Longtang Town, Xvwen, Zhanjiang Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 20.283123, 110.342939(exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: