Kaichuan Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Kaichuan Coal Mine is a reorganized and integrated mine approved by Shanxi Province in 2009, with a 0.9 million tons/year design production capacity. On January 28, 2014, the reorganization and integration project passed the completion acceptance. As of the end of January 2021, the approved production capacity was 1.2 million tons/year.
On January 17, 2018, a safety accident occurred in Kaichuan Coal Mine, and one person died.
- Operator: Shanxi Fangshan Jinhui Kaichuan Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Owner: Jizhong Energy Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Xiazhuang Village, Dawu Town, Fangshan County, Luliang City, Shanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 37.701350, 111.109599
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 18.06 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 12.6015 million tonnes
- Coal Type: Coking coal（Met）
- Mine Size: 3.621 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2003