Kaiyuan Surface Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Kaiyuan Surface Coal Mine is operated by Mulei Kaiyuan Coal Co., Ltd. It was built in 1994, and the production capacity was 0.09 million tons/year. The expansion project began in June 2007. In December 2009, it passed the acceptance inspection, and the production scale was expanded from 0.09 million tons/year to 0.9 million tons/year.As of the end of June 2020, the approved production capacity is 1.2 million tons/year.
- Operator: Mulei Kaiyuan Coal Co., Ltd. 
- Owner: Mingji Kaiyuan Investment Co., Ltd.
- Location: Beitashan, Qitai County, Changji Prefecture, Xinjiang
- GPS Coordinates: 44.550543, 90.402931
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.2 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 118.51 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 3.40 million tonne
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal（Thermal）
- Mine Size: 4.1123 k㎡
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1994