Karkati coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Background on Mine
Karkati coal mine operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, is comprised of two mines Rajendra UG and Navagaon UG with a combined capacity of 0.925 million-tonnes-per-annum on an area of 1120 Ha is located in village Khairaha, Tehsil Burhar, District Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Karkati UG mines started production in 1993, with Rajendra UG 0.36 MTPA capacity and Navagaon UG 0.30 MTPA on a combined lease of 550 Ha. Rajendra UG received a separate Environment Clearance on 24 May 2005 with an expansion in capcity of 0.625 MTPA on a 590 Ha lease area.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited 
- Parent company: Coal India Limited 
- Location: village Khairaha, Tehsil Burhar, District Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh, India 
- GPS coordinates: 23.154677, 81.482805
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.24 million tonnes (2020) 
- Total Resource: 80.53 MT
- Mineable Reserves: 2.27MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size: 1120 Ha 
- Mine Type: Underground 
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications: Environment Clearance for Karkati UG mine, MoEF&CC India, 26 March 1993; Environment Clearance for Rajendra UG mine, MoEF&CC India, 24 May 2005
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications: