Khadia coal mine
The Khadia coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by Northern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 14 million tonnes-per-annum (MTPA) in Sonbhadra (Uttar Pradesh) and Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh), India.
The map below shows the exact location of the Khadia coal mine, in Sonbhadra (Uttar Pradesh) and Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh),India.
- Sponsor: Northern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Sonbhadra (Uttar Pradesh) and Sidhi (Madhya Pradesh), India
- Coordinates: 24.1318, 82.7144 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 14 MTPA
- Reserves: 296.85
- In service:
- Permits: Environment Clearance for expansion of Khadia coal mine, MoEF&CC India, 23 March 2016
- Coal type: Thermal Grade - 8
- Mining method: opencast
Articles and resources
- Northern Coalfield Limited, Khadia Opencast Mine Expansion Project, March 23, 2016.