Litos power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Litos power station (Usina Termelétrica Litos) is a proposed 5274-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Macaé, the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Sponsor: Litos Energia Ltda.
- Parent company: Litos Energia Ltda.
- Location: Macaé, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Coordinates: -22.3502, -41.8739 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (pre-construction): 5274 MW
- Unit 1: Gas-fired combined cycle, 2636 MW (start-up year not available)
- Unit 2: Gas-fired combined cycle, 1318 MW (start-up year not available)
- Unit 3: Gas-fired combined cycle, 660 MW (start-up year not available)
- Unit 4: Gas-fired combined cycle, 660 MW (start-up year not available)
The Litos project's 2020 environmental impact report (RIMA) estimated construction start dates of 2021 for Litos 1, 2023 for Litos 2, and 2025 for Litos 3 and Litos 4. A public hearing for the Litos power stations was held on September 30, 2020 to address concerns raised by the report.
As of March 2022, the parent company website offered no updates on the status of the Litos power station. In September 2021, Litos 1, 2 and 3 were listed as participants in Brazil's A-5 national energy auction but did not emerge victorious. As of December 2021 Litos continued to be mentioned as one of several active power projects in the Macaé region.
In November 2022, the Brazilian environmental group Arayara filed a public civil action against Brazil's national environmental authority IBAMA, Rio de Janeiro state environmental authority INEA and four private companies. The filing alleged that the Litos 1, 2, 3 and 4 power stations, along with several other proposed power plants, would have a detrimental impact on water supply and air quality in the region, and requested that additional environmental studies be undertaken prior to further development of the power plants.
Articles and Resources
- "EIA Estudo de Impacto Ambiental: USINAS TERMELÉTRICAS LITOS" (PDF). Litos Energia. June 1, 2020. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 3, 2021. Retrieved May 4, 2021.
- "Sobre". Litos Energia. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved 2022-03-31.
- "Termelétricas consolidarão um novo ciclo na economia de Macaé". Portal de Notícias Macaé. September 19, 2020. Archived from the original on May 12, 2021. Retrieved May 7, 2021.
- "RIMA (Relatório de Impacto Ambiental)" (PDF). Oiti Consultoria Ambiental. June 2020.
- "Ibama realiza audiência pública para o projeto das Usinas Termelétricas Litos 1, 2, 3 e 4". IBAMA (in português). Retrieved 2021-09-09.
- "PORTARIA Nº 937/SPE/MME". Ministério de Minas e Energia/Secretaria de Planejamento e Desenvolvimento Energético. September 14, 2021.
- "Leilões - Agenda e Resultados". CCEE. Retrieved 2022-11-29.
- "Moradores de Macaé (RJ) já respiram ar poluído e estão pressionados por novos projetos termelétricos, mostra novo estudo do IEMA". Instituto de Energia e Meio Ambiente (IEMA). 2021-12-15.
- "Ambientalistas tentam barrar na Justiça projetos termelétricos em Macaé". EPBR. November 4, 2022.