Ncondezi coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ncondezi coal mine is a proposed project, owned by Ncondezi Energy Limited, to produce approximately 1.5 million tonnes per annum, in the Moatize Basin, Tete Province, Mozambique.
The mine would provide coal to the Ncondezi power station.
The below map shows the approximate location in Mozambique.
According to the company website, "Ncondezi is developing an integrated thermal coal mine and 300MW power plant, located in the Tete Province of northern Mozambique, to supply electricity to the Northern Grid. The project is approximately 92km from the existing power transmission grid. The Company is targeting delivery of first power between end 2023 and beginning 2024."
- Parent Company: Ncondezi Energy Limited
- Location: Tete, Mozambique
- GPS Coordinates: -15.5958333, 32.7647222 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity:1.5 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource:4700 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 120 million tonnes
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2023 (with 25 year life of mine)
- Source of Financing: