Rajhara coal mines
From Global Energy Monitor
The operating mines include: Rajhara and Tetariakhar. The company is pursuing large expansion projects for Ashoka and Piparwar mines.
The map below shows the location of the Rajhara coal mines in the Rajhara Area in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Rajhara Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 24.163995, 84.045350 (exact)
- Status: operating/proposed
- Capacity: Rajhara (0.3 MTPA) and Tetariakhar (2 MTPA)
- Reserves: Tetariakhar Coal Mine: 16.44 million tonnes (Proved, 2011) 
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface
- Source of financing: