Voestalpine Stahl Linz steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Voestalpine Stahl Linz steel plant (also known as Voestalpine Stahl Linz) is a 6000-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) blast furnace-basic oxygen furnace (BF-BOF) steel plant in Upper Austria, in Austria. Voestalpine Stahl Linz steel plant operates a blast furnace (BF) and basic oxygen furnace (BOF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Linz, in Austria.
- Alternative plant names: Voestalpine Stahl Linz
- Location: voestalpine-Straße 3, 4020 Linz, Austria
- GPS Coordinates: 48.274023, 14.334340 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- State-owned entity status: N/A
- Parent company: voestalpine AG [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 4295858976 [100%]
- Owner: voestalpine Stahl GmbH
- Owner company PermID: 5035949909
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 6000.0
- Basic oxygen furnace / Blast furnace (BOF/BF): 6000
- Crude Iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 4340
- Pig iron/hot metal: 4340
- Steel product category: semi-finished; finished rolled
- Steel products: hot-rolled steel strip; cold-rolled steel strip; electrical steel strip; hot-dip galvanized steel strip; electrogalvanized steel strip; organic-coated steel strip
- Workforce size: 6979
- ISO14001 certification year: 2020
- ISO50001 certification: N/A
- Responsible Steel certification year: October 2021
- Main production equipment: blast furnace (BF) and basic oxygen furnace (BOF)
- Detailed production equipment: coking plant; 3 BF; BOF (number unknown)
Articles and Resources
- Company, Voestalpine Stahl GmbH, Retrieved on: May 12, 2020
- "Where is steel made in Europe?". Eurofer. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Products". voestalpine. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "voestalpine Stahl GmbH". DnB. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Certificates". voestalpine. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Issued certificates". Responsible Steel. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "Investments". voestalpine. Retrieved 2022-03-14.