Weizigou coal mine (phase I)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Weizigou coal mine (phase I) (中煤能源新疆鸿新煤业有限公司苇子沟煤矿一期)the construction site is located in Hutubi County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and the designed production capacity is 2.4 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Shitizi Township, Hutubi County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
Coal Mine Background
On January 29, 2019, the National Energy Administration approved the first phase of the Weizigou coal mine project in the Baiyanghe mining area in Changji, Xinjiang, with an approved production capacity of 2.4 million tonnes per year. This project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval 
- Sponsor: China Coal Energy Xinjiang Hongxin Coal Industry Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: China Coal Energy Company Limited (49.94%), Xinjiang Hongxin Construction Group Co., Ltd. (20%), Others (30.06%)
- Location: Shitizi Township, Hutubi County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 43.963239,86.810238
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 2.4 Mt/year
- Workforce Size:<50
- Coal Field: Huainan Coal Field
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 234.67Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (non-caking coal)
- Mine Size: 25.2983k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: