Jhagrakhand coal mines
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
West Jhagrakand Coal Mine is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, is located in village Jhagrakhand, Tehsil Mahendragarh, District Korea, State Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the location mine.
Background on Mine
The West Jhagrakand Underground Coal Mine has a designed capacity of 0.33 MTPA on a mining lease area of 1065.67 ha. It is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited. The project received its environment clearance for a capacity expansion from 0.27 MTPA to 0.33 MTPA on 6 September 2006.
As per the information provided by the Minister of Coal in the Parliament North Jhagrakhand mine operated by SECL in Chhattisgarh was closed in the year 2016-17. Jhagrakhand mines are also refered as JKD Colliery and are spread in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh both.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: village Jhagrakhand, Tehsil Mahendragarh, District Korea, State Chhattisgarh, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 23.197211, Longitude 82.161616
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.33 MTPA
- Production: 0.17 million tonnes (2020)
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal
- Mine Size:1065.67 Ha
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Environment Clearance for Expansion of West Jhagrakand Underground Coal Mine Project, MoEF&CC India, 6 September 2006
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- Environment Clearance for Expansion of West Jhagrakand Underground Coal Mine Project, MoEF&CC India, 6 September 2006
- Minister of Coal, India in Parliament, 7 February 2018 accessed on May 18 2020