Yuka No.1 Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yuka No.1 Mine (青海省能源发展（集团）鱼卡煤矿(鱼卡一井）) is a coal mine located in Da Qaidam of Haixi Mongol and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai, China. The annual production capacity of it is 4 million tonnes(Mt) per year. It is the largest scale modern coal mine ever built in Qinghai.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Yuka Mining Area, Da Qaidam, Haixi Mongol and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai, China
Coal Mine Background
In November 2013, the proposed expansion and reconstruction project of Yuka No.1 Coal Mine has been approved by the National Development and Reform Commission(NDRC). The total annual production capacity has dramatically increased from 0.9 Mt to 4Mt.
As of 2020, the mine is operational.
- Sponsor: Qinghai Energy Development Group Co.
- Parent Company: Qinghai Coal (21%), Aluminum Corporation of China(12.59%), Qinghai Investment Group(21%), Huanghe Hydropower Development Co. (21%), others(24.41%)
- Location: Yuka Mining Area, Da Qaidam, Haixi Mongol and Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai, China
- GPS Coordinates: 38.061047,94.796798(approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4 Mt/year
- Total Resource: 850Mt
- Minable Reserves: 360Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous(long flame coal, non-caking coal)
- Mine Size: 35.45k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: