Zhong Yu coal mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhong Yu coal mine (霍州煤电集团沁安煤电有限责任公司中峪煤矿), the construction site is located within Changzhi City and Linfen City, Shanxi Province, and the designed production capacity is 5 million tonnes per year.
The undated satellite photo below shows the coal mine located in Qinyuan County, Changzhi City, Shanxi Province, China.
Coal Mine Background
On May 23, 2018, the National Development and Reform Commission approved the Zhong Yu Coal Mine Project in the Huodong Mining Area in Shanxi, with an approved production capacity of 5 million tonnes per year. This project was an illegal coal mine that started construction without approval. 
- Sponsor: Huozhou Coal and Electricity Group Qin'an Coal and Electricity Co., Ltd.
- Parent Company: Shanxi Coking Coal Group Co., Ltd. (41.16%), China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. (25.88%), China Construction Bank Co., Ltd. (2.96%), China Huadian Group Co., Ltd. (30%)
- Location: Qinyuan County, Changzhi City, Shanxi Province, China.
- GPS Coordinates: 36.45315,112.238487(exact)
- Status: Proposed 
- Production Capacity: 5Mt/year
- Workforce Size: 100-199
- Coal Field: Qinshui Coal Field
- Total Resource: 683.099Mt
- Mineable Reserves: 514.154Mt
- Coal Type: Bituminous coal (coking coal, lean coal, meager lean coal, meager coal)
- Mine Size: 139.03k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing: