Zhongmacun Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Zhongmacun Coal Mine belongs to Henan Coking Coal Energy Co., Ltd. It started construction in September 1955 and was simply put into production on July 1, 1970, with a 0.6 million tons/year design production capacity and an 84 years design service life. In 2005, the approved production capacity was 0.9 million tons/year, and in 2008 it was 1.15 million tons/year.It is a coal and gas outburst mine. The approved production capacity in 2018 was 1.15 million tons/year.
At 11:53 on May 14, 2018, a coal and gas outburst occurred in Zhongmacun Coal Mine, killing four people.
- Operator: Henan Coking Coal Energy Co., Ltd. Zhongmacun Mine 
- Owner: Henan Energy Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
- Location: Shuicai Street, Macun District, Jiaozuo City, Henan Province
- GPS Coordinates: 35.270400, 113.328942
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.15 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 84.5625 million tonne
- Mineable Reserves: 17.5625 million tonne
- Coal Type: Anthracite（Thermal）
- Mine Size: 14.5 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 1970