AboutBit Sullivan County facility
|Part of the Cryptomining Tracker, a project by FracTracker & Global Energy Monitor.|
AboutBit Sullivan County facility is a proposed 115 MW cryptocurrency mine, to be located at the coal-fired Merom Generating Station in Sullivan County, Indiana.
The map below shows the location of the proposed AboutBit IN 1 cryptocurrency mine.
On May 11, 2022, AboutBit issued a press release announcing a five year deal to secure 115 MW from the coal fired power plant, and that the facility is expected to go online in the next 30 days. The generating station—currently owned by Hoosier Energy—is being acquired by Hallador Power Co. LLC, with the deal expected to close in July 2022. In 2020, Hoosier Energy announced a plan that included the retirement of the Merom plant, but those plans have been shelved as a result of Hallador's acquisition and AboutBit's agreement to purchase power from the plant. Hallador also owns Sunrise Coal LLC, Indiana's second largest coal producer.
- Power usage (MW): 115 MW
- Owner: AboutBit
- Location: 5500 W County Rd 200 S, Sullivan, IN 47882
- Coordinates: 39.067889, -87.513056
Articles and Resources
- "AboutBit launches one of nation's largest cryptocurrency mining facilities". Global News Wire. May 11, 2022. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- "Startup to Establish Crypto Mining Facility in Sullivan County". Inside Indiana Business. May 11, 2022. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- "AboutBit to open new crypto mining facility in Southern Indiana". The Business Journals. May 11, 2022. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- "Global Energy Monitor: Merom Generating Station".