Abqaiq Cogeneration power station
|Part of the |
Global Gas Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
Abqaiq Cogeneration power station محطة بقيق لتوليد الطاقة is an operating 360-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia.
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the power station in Abqaiq, Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia.
The plant is configured with 2 gas turbine generators combined with heat recovery steam generation system. It was built to support oil supply operations at Abqaiq, Aramco’s largest oil processing facility.
- Sponsor: Power Cogeneration Plant Company
- Parent company: Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)
- Location: Abqaiq, Ash Sharqiyah Region, Saudi Arabia
- Coordinates: 25.931134, 49.684401 (exact)
- Gross capacity (operating): 360 MW
Articles and Resources
- Our Plants, PCPC website, accessed Feb 14, 2020
- Saudi Aramco's electricity capacity to exceed 12,000 MW by 2019, Reuters, Jan 13, 2016
- Electricity Generation by Station Capacities in Saudi Arabia, KAPSARC, accessed August 12, 2020
- 7F POWER PLANTS Fact Sheet, GE website, accessed Feb 14 2020