Achmelvich Oil Field
|This article is part of the Global Oil and Gas Extraction Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
Achmelvich Field is a discovered oil and gas field in the United Kingdom.
The map below shows the exact location of the field in the United Kingdom.
The field was discovered in 2018. According to Reuters, the discovery of the Achmelvich and Capercaillie fields provide new impetus to BP's "plans to boost production in the ageing basin into the middle of the century".
- Status: Discovered
- Coordinates: 56.7720, 1.6820 (exact)
- Owner: BP (52.6%); Shell (28%); Chevron (19.4%)
- Parent: BP P.L.C. (52.6%); Royal Dutch Shell (28%); Chevron Corporation (19.4%)
- Discovery year: 2018
- Production start year:
Production and Reserves
Table 1: Production and Reserves - Achmelvich Field
|Category||Fuel Description||Reserve Classification||Quantity||Units||Data Year||Source|
|reserves||hydrocarbons||recoverable resources||97||million boe||2019|||
- million boe = barrels of oil equivalent
Articles and Resources
- "www.bp.com/en_gb/united-kingdom/home/news/press-releases/north-sea-exploration-successes-for-bp.html". Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "North Sea exploration successes for BP | News | Home". BP. January 31, 2018.
- "BP makes two discoveries in UK North Sea". Reuters. January 31, 2018.
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 213800LH1BZH3DI6G760 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 21380068P1DRHMJ8KU70 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 549300VVH8HHFMWL8536 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- "Glengorm, largest discovery in a decade in UK North Sea, will likely be an industry hotspot for years". www.rystadenergy.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.