Achmelvich Oil Field
The Achmelvich Oil Field is located In the North Sea off the coast of the UK.
The map below shows the location of the field in the North Sea, off the coast of the UK.
The field was discovered in 2018. According to Reuters, the discovery of the Achmelvich and Capercaillie fields provide new impetus to BP's "plans to boost production in the ageing basin into the middle of the century".
- Operator: BP (52.6%); Shell (28%); Chevron (19.4%)
- Parent company:
- Location: North Sea
- Coordinates: 60.601, -2.524 (exact)
- Reserves: 97 mboe recoverable resources
- Status: Discovered
- "North Sea exploration successes for BP | News | Home". BP. January 31, 2018.
- "BP makes two discoveries in UK North Sea". Reuters. January 31, 2018.
- "Glengorm, largest discovery in a decade in UK North Sea, will likely be an industry hotspot for years". Rystad Energy. January 30, 2019.