Sanko Gölbaşı power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Sanko Gölbaşı power station is a proposed 150-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Adıyaman province, Turkey.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant's site, adjacent to the Adıyaman-Gölbaşı coal mine and near Akçakaya village, Gölbaşı district, Adıyaman province.
Background on Plant
Sanko Enerji is planning to build a 150-MW, $300-million mine-to-mouth coal-fired power plant in the Gölbaşı district of Adıyaman province, as part of a larger project that will include limestone quarries and a cement factory. Coal would come from the existing lignite mine adjacent to the site. Construction is being managed by Austrian company Convex ZT Gmbh (which mainly works on renewable energy projects), together with Austria's Global Energy Partners Gmbh and Finland's Pöyry. Initial permit applications for the facility were submitted in July 2008, and the final application for the facility's environmental permits was submitted in June 2013; several permits for the project have already been granted. Sanko planned to finish construction by the end of 2016, but as of December 2016 the project has not been licensed.
In August 2017 Sanko Enerji called off the project, saying wholesale electricity prices and developments in investment and operating costs caused significant changes in its feasibility. Following the company's application, the associate degree belonging to the Gölbaşı Thermal Power Plant project was terminated by Turkey's EPDK (Energy Market Regulatory Authority).
- Sponsor: Sanko Enerji
- Parent company: Sanko Holding
- Location: Akçakaya village, Gölbaşı district, Adıyaman province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 37.8197187, 37.7185124 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 150 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Adıyaman-Gölbaşı coal mine, Turkey
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Sanko Adıyaman Gölbaşı Termik Santrali, Turkey Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Coal Fired Power Plant Gölbasi, Turkey, Convex website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Sanko'dan Adıyaman'a linyit santrali, Enerji Günlügü, Aug. 20, 2013.
- "SANKO Gölbaşı Termik Santral’inden Vazgeçti," klimadaleti, 25 August 2017