Al-Khairat-2 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Al-Khairat-2 power station is an under construction 1400-megawatt (MW) natural gas fired power station in Karbala Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the under construction power station in Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq.
In 2020 Hyundai was chosen to build the second Al-Khairat power plant. In 2021, that decision appeared to change when the Iraq Council of Ministers approved the decision to give the contract to Harlow International Corporation.
- Sponsor: Iraq Ministry of Electricity
- Parent company: Iraq Ministry of Electricity
- Location: Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 32.6510, 43.9816 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (construction): 1400 MW
- Gas turbine units 2-1: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
- Gas turbine units 2-2: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
- Gas turbine units 2-3: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
- Gas turbine units 2-4: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Hyundai to Build Al-Khairat Power Station, Iraq Business News, Jul 30, 2020
- A consortium led by Iraqi-owned Harlow International is expected to implement the project, Power Technology, Feb 26, 2021
- "حكومة العراق تُقر توصية وإجراءات جديدة بشأن مشروع محطة كهرباء الخيرات البخارية - معلومات مباشر". www.mubasher.info. Retrieved 2022-05-04.