Al-Khairat-2 power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Al-Khairat-2 power station is a proposed 1,400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Karbala Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq.
In 2020 Hyundai was chosen to build the second Al-Khairat power plant. In 2021, that decision appeared to change when the Iraq Council of Ministers approved the decision to give the contract to Harlow International Corporation. There have been no other updates on the size or sponsor of the project as of July 2021.
- Sponsor: not found
- Parent company: not found
- Location: Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 32.6510, 43.9816 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 1,400 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-4: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Hyundai to Build Al-Khairat Power Station, Iraq Business News, Jul 30, 2020
- A consortium led by Iraqi-owned Harlow International is expected to implement the project, Power Technology, Feb 26, 2021
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)