Al-Khairat-2 power station
From Global Energy Monitor
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Al-Khairat-2 power station is a proposed 1,400-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Karbala Province, Iraq.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq.
- Sponsor: Kar Elec Power Prod Trading
- Parent company: Kar Elec Power Prod Trading
- Location: Khairat, Karbala Province, Iraq
- Coordinates: 32.6510, 43.9816 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 1,400 MW
- Gas turbine units 1-4: 350 MW per unit (no start-up date)
Articles and Resources
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)