Antaibao Gangue power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Antaibao Gangue power station (中煤平朔安太堡低热值煤热电厂) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) waste coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site in Shuozhou Prefecture.
Background on Project
Construction began in 2016.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Antaibao Gangue. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Expansion halted by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Chinacoal Pingshuo Coal Co
- Parent company: ChinaCoal
- Location: Antaipu Village, Pinglu District, Shuozhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.471256, 112.33074 (exact)
- Status: Shelved (construction halted by government policy in July 2017)
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2017 (proposed date before suspension)
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山西首定五个低热值煤发电项目", 人民网, 2013-11-18
- "Social stability risk of low calorific value coal in coal power project analysis PINGSHUO public comment," Shanxi Guoyang Investment Consulting Co., 2014-03-18
- "我市大力推进低热值煤发电项目建设," 2015年7月31日
- "平朔安太堡2×350MW低热值煤发电项目顺利推进," 2016年5月25日
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12