Aphrodite Gas Field
|This article is part of the Global Oil and Gas Extraction Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
Aphrodite Field is a discovered gas field in Cyprus.
The map below shows the exact location of the field in Cyprus.
The field was discovered in 2011 and production is expected in 2026. A final investment decision is expected after the completion of front-end engineering and design as well as the drilling of an additional appraisal well in 2022.
According to NS Energy, "the Aphrodite field is located adjacent to Israel’s Yishai field in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. A minor portion of the Aphrodite reservoir stretches into the Yishai field. Despite negotiations for last few years, Israel and Cyprus have not reached a resolution on sharing the resources yet." Turkey also contests Cyprus’s claim to offshore gas fields. Turkey wants to redraw the map delineating the areas of sovereignty in the eastern Mediterranean, which it claims was drawn illegally and contrary to Turkish national interests.
- Status: Discovered
- Coordinates: 33.1847, 33.3417 (exact)
- Operator: Noble Energy
- Owner: Noble Energy (35%); Royal Dutch Shell (35%); Delek Drilling (30%)
- Parent: Chevron Corporation (35%); Royal Dutch Shell (35%); Delek Group (30%)
- Discovery year: 2011
- Production start year: 2026 (expected)
- Concession/Block: Block 12 of EEZ
Production and Reserves
Table 1: Production and Reserves - Aphrodite Field
|Category||Fuel Description||Reserve Classification||Quantity||Units||Data Year||Source|
|production design capacity||gas||Not applicable||8 268||million m³/y||2024|||
|reserves||gas||2P reserves||127 425||million m³||2014|||
- million m³ = million cubic meters
- million m³/y = million cubic meters per year
Articles and Resources
- "www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/aphrodite-gas-field/". Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "www.energy-sea.gov.il/English-Site/Pages/Data%20and%20Maps/Wells-from-Prime_web.pdf" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "Aphrodite Gas Field, Eastern Mediterranean Sea, Cyprus". NS Energy. Retrieved 2021-02-02.
- "Energy Cooperation and Security in the Eastern Mediterranean: A Seismic Shift towards Peace or Conflict?" (PDF). The S. Daniel Abraham Center for International and Regional Studies. February 2016.
- "A Mediterranean Scramble: Unraveling the Turkish Fight for Natural Gas". The Fuse. August 26, 2020.
- Affairs, Chevron Policy, Government and Public. "Noble Energy is Now Chevron". chevron.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) 21380068P1DRHMJ8KU70 Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, accessed January 2020
- "www.delekdrilling.com/about". www.delekdrilling.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "www.delekdrilling.com/project/aphrodite-gas-field". www.delekdrilling.com. Archived from the original on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "berument.bilkent.edu.tr/No028.pdf" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.
- "www.ceps.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Energy%20Cooperation%20and%20Security%20in%20the%20Eastern%20Mediterranean%20small%20file.pdf" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on August 31, 2021. Retrieved September 27, 2021.