Primorskaya TPP power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Primorskaya TPP power station is a proposed 195-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Svetly, Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Province, Russia.
The map below shows Svetly, Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Province, Russia, where the plant will be built.
Background on Plant
The project was proposed by Rosneftegaz and Inter RAO in 2016 as a 3 x 65 MW coal-fired plant. In April 2019 Inter RAO was tendering construction contracts to build the plant. As of June 2019 no actual construction of the plant is visible through satellite photography. As of October 2019 RusHydro was planning to commission the plant in August 2020. In February 2020 a successful test firing of Unit 1 was conducted. RusHydro expects the plant to be commissioned in Q4 2020.
- Sponsor: Far Eastern Generating Company
- Parent company: RusHydro
- Location: Luchegorsk city, Pozharsky district, Primorsky territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 54.690602, 20.284882 (approximate)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 195 MW: 3 x 65 MW
- In service: 2020
- Coal type: Kuznetsk black coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Russia To Invest US$1.56bn In Kaliningrad Power Plants, Energo - CEE/FSU Power, Jul. 21, 2016
- Procurement procedures/tenders, energybase.ru, accessed June 2019.
- energybase.ru Ввод первого энергоблока Приморской ТЭС перенесен на 1 августа 2020 года energybase.ru, Oct. 29, 2019
- На первом энергоблоке Приморской ТЭС успешно произведён первый розжиг котла, iRao Engineering, Feb. 26, 2020
- Закупочные процедуры / Тендеры , energybase.ru, accessed June 2020