JSW Odisha steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
JSW Odisha is a steel plant in Thelkoloi, Odisha, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Thelkoloi, Odisha, India.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Owner: Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd.
- Parent company: JSW Group
- Location: Thelkoloi, Odisha, India
- GPS Coordinates: 21.763989, 84.022529 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2005 (age 15–16)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3500 (EAF)
- 2019 Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2778 (EAF, FY2019)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled coil, cold rolled coil, sponge iron, metallurgical coke, pig iron, billet, power generation
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF and DRI)
- Primary steel production equipment: 12 500 tonnes per day direct reduced iron (DRI) kilns (4 500 tonnes per day DRI kilns (2005), 6 500 tonnes per day DRI kilns (2010), 2 500 tonnes per day DRI kilns (2012)); 1 blast furnace (BF) (2007); coke oven plant (2007); sinter plant (2007); 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (2011); 1 basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (2007); pelletizing plant (2014)
- Power source: In-house power plant (506 MW). Excess power generated is sold thorugh state power grid.
Articles and resources
- Manufacturing unit, Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd., Retrieved on: May. 6, 2020
- Mazumdar, Rakhi; Das, Saikat (February 13, 2019). "JSW Steel set to acquire Bhushan Power". The Economic Times.
- Iyengar, Suresh P (July 8, 2019). "Scam may delay JSW's buy of Bhushan Power". Business Today.
- Profile, Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- NCLT approves JSW Steel's R19,700 crore bid for Bhushan Power & Steel, Bloomberg, Sep. 5, 2019, Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- Orissa Plant, Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- History, Bhushan Power & Steel Ltd., Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- JSW to become India's largest steelmaker with Bhushan Power takeover, Nevin John, Business Today, Feb. 21, 2020, Retrieved on: May 6, 2020
- [Annual Report 2018-2019], Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Bhushan Power & Steel Limited under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.