Baiyinhua Industrial Park Captive power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Baiyinhua Industrial Park Captive power station (国家电投内蒙能源白音华工业园自备电厂) is an operating power station of at least 700-megawatts (MW) in Baiyinhua, West Ujimqin, Xilingol, Inner Mongolia, China. It is also known as 西乌国家电投白音华高精铝板带项目自备电厂.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Baiyinhua Industrial Park Captive power station||Baiyinhua, West Ujimqin, Xilingol, Inner Mongolia, China||44.7973, 118.5118 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 1: 44.7973, 118.5118
- Unit 2: 44.7973, 118.5118
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 1||operating||-||350 MW||supercritical||-||-|
|Unit 2||operating||-||350 MW||supercritical||-||-|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 1||Aluminum Branch of Inner Mongolia Baiyinhua Coal Power Co Ltd of State Power Investment Group||State Power Investment Corp Ltd|
|Unit 2||Aluminum Branch of Inner Mongolia Baiyinhua Coal Power Co Ltd of State Power Investment Group||State Power Investment Corp Ltd|
Project-level captive use details
- Captive industry use (heat or power): Chp
- Captive industry: Aluminum
Project-level coal details
- Permits: 2016-9-1
- Source of financing:
Background on Project
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration issued guidelines recommending the suspension of over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Baiyinhua Industrial. The projects are proposed for development after 2020.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction revived
In May 2018 it was reported that construction had resumed on the power station.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
Articles and Resources
- "西乌珠穆沁旗白音华工业园区基本情况", 中共锡盟委农村牧区工作部, 2013-04-29
- "旗委副书记、旗长朝鲁在白音华工业园区检查指导工作," 西乌旗电视台 作者, 2015-08-27
- "内蒙古自治区发展和改革委员会关于锡林郭勒盟中电投白音华自备电厂新建工程项目核准的批复," Inner Mongolia Development and Reform Commission, Sep 26, 2016
- "白音华自备电厂新建项目获得核准并开工," Oct 28, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "国家电投白音华高精铝板带项目开工暨白音华自备电厂2x35万千瓦机组建设工程复工仪式," 西乌旗广播电视台, 2018-05-23
- "国家电投白音华自备电厂1号机组顺利通过168小时满负荷试运," BJX, 2022-09-27
- "国家电投白音华2×350MW电厂2号机组顺利通过168小时满负荷试运," BJX, 2022-10-28
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.