Baleia Franca Oil and Gas Field (Brazil)
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Oil and Gas Extraction Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
Baleia Franca Field is an operating oil and gas field in Brazil.
The map below shows the approximate location of the field in Brazil.
- Status: Operating
- Operator: Petrobras
- Owner: Petrobras (100%)
- Parent: Petrobras (100%)
- Discovery year: Not stated
- Production start year: 2010
- Basin: Not stated
- Concession/Block: Not stated
- Project/Complex: Not stated
Production and Reserves
Table 1: Production and Reserves - Baleia Franca Field
|Category||Fuel Description||Reserve Classification||Quantity||Units||Data Year|
|production||oil||not applicable||36||million bbl/y||2010|
|reserves||oil||original oil in place||220||million bbl||[not stated]|
|reserves||gas||original gas in place||2 576||million m³||[not stated]|
- million bbl = million barrels
- million m³ = million cubic meters
- million bbl/y = million barrels per year
Articles and Resources
- "Petrobras oficializa início de extração de petróleo no campo de Baleia Franca". Canal Rural. July 13, 2010. Archived from the original on May 27, 2021. Retrieved May 28, 2021.
- Luiza Paiva, Maria; et al. (August 1, 2019). "Reconstitution of the depositional history of the Baleia Azul Field, Campos Basin: The first step for a 1D petroleum system modelling". ResearchGate. Archived from the original on May 27, 2021. Retrieved May 28, 2021.
- "Parque das Baleias Offshore Oil and Gas Complex - NS Energy". NS Energy. Archived from the original on May 27, 2021. Retrieved May 28, 2021.
- "Profile - Petrobras". Petrobras. Archived from the original on May 4, 2021. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- "Nona Rodada de Licitações Bacia de Campos" (PDF). Agência Nacional do Petróleo, Gás Natural e Biocombustíveis. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 27, 2021. Retrieved May 28, 2021.