Bandırma Elektrik power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Bandırma Elektrik power station is a proposed 1,600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Balıkesir province, Turkey. This plant is a proposal of Nurol Enerji.
This proposal should not be confused with the 1,200-MW Bandırma Karat power station.
The undated satellite photo below shows the site where the plant would be built, near Şirinçavuş town, Bandırma district, Balıkesir province.
Background on Plant
However, the EIA process was cancelled in January 2016.
- Sponsor: Bahçepınar Enerji Üretim ve İnşaat A.Ş.
- Parent company:
- Location: Şirinçavuş town, Bandırma district, Balıkesir province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.30593, 27.72720 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 1,600 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: TBD
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- BANDIRMA ELEKTRİK SANTRALİ, DERİN DENİZ DEŞARJI, KÜL DEPOLAMA SAHASI VE İSKELE PROJESİ ÇED BAŞVURU DOSYASI, T.C. ÇEVRE ve ŞEHİRCİLİK BAKANLIĞI (Turkey Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning) website, accessed Mar. 2014.
- Nurol Enerji'den Bandırma'ya 1,6 Milyar Dolarlik dev Yatırım, Bandırma Haber, Oct. 3, 2013.
- Nurol Enerji'den Bandırma'ya dev ithal kömür santrali, Enerji Günlügü, Sept. 24, 2013.
- "Bandırma Termik Santrali projesi ile ilgili ÇED süreci başladı," eylulgazetesi, Nov 18, 2015
- "Bandırma Termik Santrali projesi karar alınmadan sonlandırıldı!" emlakkulisi, Jan 20, 2016