Huaneng Baotou-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Baotou-2 power station (华能北方联合电力包头第二热电厂) is a 1,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station at Changqian Road in Qingshan District, Baotou Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
The four existing coal-fired units of Huaneng Baotou-2 power station, units 9-12 totaling 1,000 MW, were brought online between 2004 and 2007. The plant's first eight units totaling 425 MW and commissioned from 1958 to 1990 were retired from 2004 to 2010. The plant is owned by China Huaneng.
Plant Details for Existing Units 10-13
- Sponsor: North United Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: Huaneng
- Location: Changqian Road, Qingshan District, Baotou Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 40.6771134, 109.8912808 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 9-12); Retired (Units 1-8)
- Gross capacity: 1,000 MW (Units 9 & 10: 200 MW; Units 11 & 12: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2004 ((Units 9 & 10); 2006 (Unit 11); 2007 (Unit 12)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: