Basilan Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Basilan power station is a proposed 58-megawatt (MW) coal-fired plant in Basilan province, the Philippines.
The map below shows Basilan province, the Philippines, where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
In January 2017 SMC Global announced that it planned to build a 58-MW coal-fired plant in Basilan province.
As of May 2019 there has been no further news about the project and it appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: SMC Global Power Holdings
- Parent company: SMC Global Power Holdings
- Location: Basilan province, Philippines
- Coordinates: 6.5432509, 122.0229291 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 58 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SMC set to build 3 coal plants, Manila Standard, Jan. 16, 2017