Basin Bridge Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Basin Bridge Power Station is a proposed 1,460-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Chennai, the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
- Sponsor: Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (Tangedco)
- Parent company: Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited (Tangedco)
- Coordinates: 13.098919,80.2701474 (exact)
- Gross capacity (pre-construction): 1,460 MW
The plants will be located at the site vacated after GMR units were decommissioned in 2018. 
Articles and Resources
- Two natural gas-powered thermal plants to be set up in Chennai, The Times of India, Jul 8, 2019.
- "Gas Turbine Stations". TENGEDCO. 2017.
- "LEI Reference Data". Global Legal Indentifier Foundation. Retrieved January 27, 2020.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GMR_Vasavi_Diesel_Power_Plant GMR Vasavi Diesel Power Plant], Wikipedia, last edited September 29, 2019.
- Jun 25, B. Sivakumar / TNN / Updated:; 2020; Ist, 10:46. "Two new plants at Rs 5,000 crore to power Greater Chennai area | Chennai News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2022-04-03.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)