Bastug Metallurgical plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Bastug Metallurgical plant (BAŞTUĞ METALURJİ SAN.A.Ş. (Turkish)) is an electric steel plant in Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey.
Bastug Metallurgy was established in 2008, though the steel works did not begin operating until 2010.
Bastug Metallurgy operates a 300,000 tonne capacity scrap yard on-site.
80% of the plant's scrap feed is supplied from international markets, primarily UK, Belgium, USA, and Russia; 20% of scrap supplied from Turkey's domestic market.
Bastug Metallurgy's steel scrap supply guidelines are provided on their website.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Bastug Metalurji Sanayi S.A.
- Owner: Bastug Metalurji Sanayi S.A.
- Alternative plant names: Yolbulan Bastug (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: BAŞTUĞ METALURJİ SAN.A.Ş. (Turkish)
- Location: Osmaniye Organized Industrial Zone Toprakkale, Osmaniye, Turkey
- GPS Coordinates: 37.016498, 36.095126 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2010 (age 9–10)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2000 (EAF)
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1660 (EAF, 2017)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: bloom, billet, beam, beam blank
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 160-tonne Fuchs electric arc furnace (EAF) (Bastug Metallurgy has planned improvements to reach 200-tonne charge volume)
- Power source: Baştuğ Transformer Center
Articles and resources
- Contact Information (Turkish), Bastug Metalurji, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- About Us (Turkish), Bastug Metalurji, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- Steelworks (Turkish), Bastug Metallurgy, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- BAŞTUĞ METALURJİ SAN.A.Ş., Turkish Steel Producers Association, Retrieved on: Jul. 28, 2020
- DEMİR ÇELİK SEKTÖR RAPORU (2019), Turkish Ministry of Industry and Technology, 2020. Calculated using the capacity utilization given in Table 7-page 18.