Philippines LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Philippines LNG Terminal is an in-development LNG terminal in Batangas, Philippines.
The facility will be built in Batangas, Philippines.
- Owner: Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company
- Parent: Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company
- Location: Batangas, Philippines
- Coordinates: 13.753821, 121.040525 (approximate)
- Type: Import
- Capacity: 3 mtpa
- Status: Construction
- Cost: P14.6 billion (US$262 million)
- Start Year: 2022
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
Atlantic Gulf & Pacific Company (AG&P), part owned by Osaka Gas and the Japan Bank for International Cooperation, announced that its Philippines subsidiary, Linseed Field Power Corp., received approval to develop a liquefied natural gas (LNG) import and regasification terminal in Batangas Bay, south of Manila. The Philippines’ energy department issued it a notice to proceed to develop the terminal, known as Philippines LNG, which will provide the fuel to a power plant, industrial and commercial customers, and other consumers.
Philippines LNG will have an initial capacity of up to 3 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) of regasified LNG, with additional capacity for liquid distribution. It will also have scalable onshore regasification capacity of 420 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) and almost 200,000 cubic metres (cbm) of storage. The company has completed its pre-development work for the terminal which is expected to be commissioned by mid-2022. The statement did not disclose financial details of the project.
Construction on the terminal began in 2021 using an offshore modular approach. In late December 2021, the application to continue development was approved by the Philippines department of energy, with operations expected to commence in June 2022.
As of May 2022, construction was nearing completion, and the developers were considering beginning operations in August 2022.
Articles and resources
- McDermott's CB&I Storage Solutions Awarded LNG Storage Contract for Philippines' First LNG Import Terminal PR Newswire, Apr 14, 2021
- Jessica Jaganathan, Philippines LNG imports Reuters, March 8, 2021
- Gomez, Eireene Jairee (2022-07-07). "AG&P to commission 1st LNG terminal in PH". The Manila Times. Retrieved 2022-07-06.
- "PHILIPPINES APPROVES LINSEED'S LNG PROJECT". Natural Gas World. Retrieved 2022-01-03.
- The LNG Industry: GIIGNL Annual Report 2022. GIIGNL. May 2022.
- "AG&P, First Gen LNG facilities near completion". Power Philippines. 2022-05-16. Retrieved 2022-07-06.