Bengbu Tushan Cogen Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Bengbu Tushan Cogen Power Station (蚌埠涂山热电有限公司, also known as Fengyuan Cogen Power Station) is a 60-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Tushan Road, Yuhui, Bengbu, Anhui Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Tushan Road, Yuhui, Bengbu, Anhui Province, China.
The Bengbu Tushan power plant was bought from Anhui Fengyuan Biochemical's subsidiary, Fengshenghua (豐原生化) in 2003 for approximately 180 million yuan. Unit 6 was commissioned in 2006 with a 60 MW capacity. According to Anhui Fengyuan's statement, the purchase was strategic as the power plant would supply energy to the company's nearby production facilities and reduce the company's overall costs, thus improving the market competitiveness of its products.
In 2012, Bengbu Tushan Thermoelectricity Co. announced a new industrial wastewater methane recovery project that it would be launching at the Bengbu Tushan power plant to reduce methane emissions. Anhui Fengyuan Biochemical produces 320,000 tonnes of ethanol fuel per year while discharging about 11,500 meters-cubed of wastewater per day. The organic wastewater is treated in open pools, then is discharged into a local wastewater treatment plant for further treatment. Furthermore, there are eight sets of coal-fired boilers burning coal to generate heat to supply the nearby users. Because of the enormous amounts of greenhouse gas (GHG) emitted from the open wastewater treatment pools, the methane recovery project was approved. It is estimated to reduce around 199,000 tCO2e of greenhouse gases annually, while saving nearly 45,000 tons of coal per year as well, since the recovered methane is used as fuel for the coal plant.
Currently the Bengbu Tushan power plant has 416.4 million RMB of capital invested in it.
- Sponsor: Anhui Fengyuan Biochemical Co
- Parent company: COFCO
- Location: Tushan Road, Yuhui, Bengbu, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.9284, 117.2851 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 60 MW
- Unit 6: Coal-fired subcritical, 60 MW (start-up in 2006)
- Number of employees: 5-50
Articles and Resources
- "安徽丰原生物化学股份有限公司董事会关于收购蚌埠涂山热电有限公司的关联交易公告 (Anhui Fengyuan Biochemical Co., Ltd. Board of Directors Announcement on the Related Transaction of the Acquisition of Bengbu Tushan Thermal Power Co., Ltd)". quotes.money.163.com. 2003. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- "Tushan WWT Methane Recovery Project : UPM Umwelt-Projekt-Management GmbH". www.upm-cdm.eu. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- "Bengbu Tushan Thermal Power Co., Ltd". PE Daily. 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2021.
- "蚌埠涂山热电有限公司_新利信息网". Xin Li Information Network. 2021. Retrieved 2021-05-24.