Blenod power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Blenod power station is a 427-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the department of Meurthe-et-Moselle, France.
The undated satellite below shows the plant in Blénod-lès-Pont-à-Mousson, Nancy.
Unit 2 was retired in 2013, and units 3-4 in 2014.
- Sponsor: EDF
- Parent company: Electricite de France
- Location: Blénod-lès-Pont-à-Mousson, Nancy, Meurthe-et-Moselle, France
- Coordinates: 48.869091, 6.080033 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 427 MW
- Start date: 1963-1969
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "Coal-Fired Plants in France," Industcards, accessed April 2016
- "Blénod Thermal Power Plant France," GEO, accessed April 2016
- "G7 coal phase out: France," E3G, Sep 15, 2015
- Présentation de la centrale à Cycle Combiné Gaz de Blénod | EDF Thermique
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 17W100P100P0173E accessed November 2019