Bridge Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
The satellite photo below shows the exact location of the power station near the Tema Oil Refinery in Tema, Greater Accra Region, Ghana.
In 2016, Bridge Power received government approval.
In 2017, construction of the plant started:
- "Stage 1 will use five GE TM2500+ gas turbines and one purpose-built GE steam turbine in a combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) configuration that will collectively generate 200 MW of power. Stage 2 will add another 200 MW through four GE LM6000 gas turbines and one purpose-built GE steam turbine, again in a CCGT configuration. Together, this will amount to over 17 percent of Ghana’s reliable generation capacity."
In early 2019, three of the first five GE turbines were delivered and funded by Hungary. GhanaWeb reported, "Hungary has further supported the Project with financing through the Hungarian Export-Import Bank (HEXIM)."
In 2020, the gas turbines for phase 1 became operational the construction works for steam turbine is underway.
- Sponsor: Early Power Limited (EPL) consortium: Endeavor Energy, Sage Petroleum, GE Power
- Parent company: Denham Capital
- Location: Tema, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Coordinates: 5.677739, 0.019369 (exact)
- Gross capacity (Stage 1- operating, Stage 2-pre-construction): 400 MW
Articles and Resources
- Bridge Power, Early Power Ltd website, accessed Dec 12, 2019
- Construction of 400 MW LNG-fired power plant begins in Ghana, Power Engineering International, Apr 28, 2017
- Bridge Power Project Receives Ghanaian Parliamentary Approval, Denham Capital website, Oct 25, 2016
- Hungary unveils $70 million Bridge Power Project in Ghana, GhanaWeb, Jan 29, 2019
- "Bridge Power Project, Tema". Power Technology.
- Bridge Power Project, Tema, Power Technology website, accessed Dec 12, 2019
- Joseph Lam, Ghana: Vendor Financing For Stage 1 Of The Bridge Power Project In Ghana, Mondaq, Sep 9, 2019