Bultfontein coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
Bultfontein Coal Mine is a surface strip mine in Komati, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the location of the mine near Middleburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The Bultfontein mine is situated 40km south of Middleburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa. The mine, which is owned and operated by the Puckree Group, and is the company's largest operation, produces coal for export markets.
Bultfontein's life of mine was estimated at four years, however, as of September 2022, there have been no recent updates on coal depletion or extension projects.
- Operator: Puckree Group
- Owner: Puckree Group
- Location: Komati, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Coordinates: -26.1415679, 29.4804372 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 0.87 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Resource: 3.4 million tonnes (measured resource)
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 2017
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Puckree Group, "Operations and Active Transactions", Puckree website, Accessed March 2021
- Puckree Group: South Africa's Responsible Coal Miner, Issuu Inc., Accessed September 2022.
- South Africa Department of Mineral Resources, D1 - 2019 Operating Mines and Quarries and Mineral Processing in the RSA 2, 2019