CPI Ningxia Zaoquan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CPI Ningxia Zaoquan power station (浙能宁夏枣泉发电公司一期) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of the project in Ningdong Town, Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
In 2015 the power station was under construction and planned for operation in 2017.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (51%), State Power Investment Corporation (49%)
- Location: Ningdong Town, Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.0462,106.6058 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 and 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2017
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "浙能集团51%控股开发宁夏枣泉电厂一期2×66万千瓦火电项目", 中国火力发电网, 2012-09-24
- "宁夏枣泉电厂一期工程顺利开工建设," Zhejiang Energy Group, 2015-10-10
- "宁夏枣泉电厂1号机组正式投入运行- 浙能外网," 浙江省能源集团有限公司, Dec 8, 2017
- "宁夏枣泉电厂2号机组投入商业运营," 浙江省能源集团有限公司, 2018-01-05
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.