CPI Qinzhou Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CPI Qinzhou Cogen power station (中电国际广西北部湾钦州热电公司) is a proposed 450-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the power station, near Jingu Harbor, Beibu Gulf Port.
Background on Plant
CPI has proposed a power station of 1 x 350 MW and 2 x 50 MW at Jingu Harbor, Beibu Gulf Port.It was planned as a Co-generation power plant, supplying heat and steam, as well as electricity to the Jingu Petrochemical Industrial Park. The EIA report was rejected in 2015 by MEPC, due to lack of important content.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects, including CPI Qinzhou. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
In July 2020, the project was formally called off.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: CPI and Guangxi Beibuwan Investment Group
- Parent company: Guangxi SASAC (49%), State Power Investment Corporation (28%), Other (23%)
- Location: Jingu Harbor, Beibu Gulf Port, Qinzhou, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 21.745727, 108.633513(exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Unit 1: 350 MW, Units 2 & 3: 50 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "中电投北部湾(广西)热电有限公司最新招聘公告"Sohu.com, 2016-06-15
- "公司介绍"SPIC Guangxi Electric Power Co.
- "钦州热电厂一期环境影响报告书缺重要内容未获批," 广西网, Apr 17, 2015
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "关于广西桂东电力贺州燃煤发电项目核准的批复》," 麦电网, 2020-07-30
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.