Huadian Pianguan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Shanxi Pianguan power station (华电偏关发电项目) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Pianguan County.
Background on Project
China Huadian is currently planning to build a coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW in Shanxi Province.
The feasibility study was completed in October 2015.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Specifically, Shanxi is a "red light" province under the China National Energy Administration's Coal Bubble Alert System, which should restrict new permits and construction for coal plants.
Project being touted despite suspension
Despite the suspension policies, the Xinzhou Government was touting the benefits of the power station for the Prefecture's development in March 2017. It appears the Province wants to move forward with the plant, although as of January 2020 there have been no developments since the plant's feasibility study was completed in October 2015. The project appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: China Huadian
- Location: Xiaopiantou Village, Tianfengping Town, Pianguan County, Xinzhou Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.450426, 111.438427 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- ↑ "中电偏关煤电一体化项目在并举行专家论证会(1)", 山西新闻网忻州频道(忻州网), 2010-07-19
- ↑ "华电偏关2×1000MW级煤电工程顺利通过初可研审查", 偏关县人民政府, 2014-08-27
- ↑ "河曲电厂三期2×1000MW机组工程节能评估报告-中标候选人公示," Shenhua Bidding, 2015-05-25
- ↑ "华电偏关2×110万千瓦(级)煤电项目通过可研审查," 忻州日报, 2015/10/27
- ↑ "偏关县紧抓项目建设提升县域综合实力," Xinzhou Prefecture, 2017-03-06