CPI Xining power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CPI Xining power station (国家电投黄河上游水电开发公司西宁火电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Qinghai Province, China.
The map below shows the power station in Xining Prefecture.
Background on Project
In 2012 CPI proposed a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW in Qinghai Province. The plant was permitted in May 2012, and the environmental impact report was accepted by the China Department of Environmental Protection in June 2014.
In 2019 it was reported that all but one coal plant in Qinghai had been mothballed due to competition from renewable energy and low energy demand.
The plant was reportedly running again starting in October 2021.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: Huanghe Hydropower Development Co
- Parent company: State Power Investment Corporation (94%), Gansu Electric Power Investment Group (3.5%), Shaanxi Hydropower Development (2.5%)
- Location: Ganhe Industrial Park, Huangzhong County, Xining Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.584279, 101.493067 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- In service: 2015 (Unit 1), 2016 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "中电投西宁2×660MW火电项目初步设计原则审查会在北京召开" accessed June 2013
- "关于中电投西宁2×600兆瓦级火电厂工程环境影响报告书的批复", 华人民共和国环境保护部, 环审152号, 2014-06-23
- "中电普安电厂主厂房浇筑了第一罐混凝土项目正式开工建设_中国电力," Dec 12, 2015
- "中电投西宁电厂#2机扣盖一次成功," CEDC, 2015-08-26
- "中电投西宁MW级火电厂工程.doc," accessed July 2018
- "亏损面缩小仍在50%左右 破产清算动作频频——煤电企业困局如何破解," 经济参考报, 2019-08-22
- 黄河公司煤电机组年累计发电量90.69亿千瓦时, qinghai.gov, 2021-11-10
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.