CR Dafang Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CR Dafang Power Station (华润电力贵州煤电一体化公司大方发电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built in Yikeshu Village, Machang Town, Dafang County, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province.
Background on Project
China Resources Power Holdings and Chongqing Energy Investment Group have proposed a coal-electricity integrity project with 10*660MW coal-fired units in the area of Guizhou Bijie Prefecture since 2012, scattering at Dafang County, Qianxi County, Jinsha County, Nayong County and Qixingguan District, with two 660 MW units in each place. A 20 mtpt coal mining project is also included. The estimated investment is near ¥100 billion. All the electricity generated by these 10 units will supply Chongqing DC Municipality. Dafang power station is one of them.
Unit 2 suspended
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
On September 26, 2017, the NEA released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects, containing 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). CR Dafang Power Station Unit 2 was among the projects postponed for development consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018-2019: No construction
In February 2018, the Guizhou Development and Reform Commission (DRC) published a list of Key programs and Major Projects for the province's economic development in 2018, which will have priority for loans, land, and subsidies. There are five coal power projects on the list, not including CR Dafang Power Station. Therefore, any immediate plans for this project appear to be shelved.
Satellite images show that as of April 2018 construction had not begun. As of December 2019 satellite photos continue to show no signs of construction.
- Sponsor: China Resources (51%), Chongqing Energy Investment Group (49%)
- Location: Machang Town, Dafang County, Qizingguan District, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.995667, 105.507801 (exact)
- Unit 1: Shelved
- Unit 2: Shelved (suspended by government policy in September 2017)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华润电力（贵州）煤电一体化有限公司2015校园招聘 贵州财经学院专场 宣讲会" 2014-11-12
- "关于华润电力贵州煤电一体化大方电厂（2×660MW）新建工程环境影响报告书的批复", 中国环保部, 2014-06-30
- "华润电力贵州煤电一体化有限公司热招公告," BJX Job, 2017-01-06
- "贵州华润电力毕节电厂项目核准的批复," Guizhou Development and reform Commission, 2015-03-12
- "华润电力毕节电厂项目助力“黔电送渝”战略," Sohu, 2015-05-15
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12