CR Zhuhai Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
CR Zhuhai Cogen power station (华润电力珠海热电公司) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-generation power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The map below shows the proposed location for the plant, at Zhufeng Ave. in Doumen district, Zhuhai.
Background on Plant
CR Zhuhai Cogen Power Company was established in May 2011 to build a coal plant in Doumen District of Zhuhai, Toyama Industrial Park. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Resources Power Holdings. The plant would consist of 2 × 350MW coal-fired heating units and a 35,000-ton coal terminal. It is expected to start construction in 2017 and be completed in 2018.
In 2017 the project appeared to be cancelled, and a new 2*60MW gas-fired power plant proposed instead. The investment for the gas-fired power plant is ¥1 billion.
- Sponsor: China Resources Power Holdings Southeast China Branch
- Parent company: China Resources
- Location: Zhufeng Ave, Doumen district, Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 22.143829, 113.138235 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: