Campo Maior–Leiria Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
- Owner: REN (Redes Energéticas Nacionais)
- Parent company: State Grid of China (25%), Oman Oil (12%), others (63%)
- Length: 219 km / 136 miles
- Diameter: 28 inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1997
Operated by the Portuguese energy infrastructure company REN (Redes Energéticas Nacionais), the Campo Maior-Leiria Pipeline is a key component of Portugal's natural gas transmission network, along with the Valença do Minho-Braga Pipeline, the Leiria-Braga Pipeline and the Setubal-Leiria Pipeline.
Since commencing operations in January 1997, the pipeline has mostly been used to import gas from Spain for distribution in Portugal. However, with the opening of the Sines LNG Terminal on Portugal's Atlantic coast in 2004, Portugal has also begun importing a significant percentage of its natural gas by sea. In January 2019, following a Europe-wide cold snap that brought freezing temperatures to Spain, Portugal exported gas to Spain via the Campo Maior pipeline for the first time in its history.
The SciGRID_gas combined IGG gas transmission network data set refers to the pipeline as INET_PL_96.
Articles and resources
- "Campo Maior - Leira Pipeline," Enipedia. (Retrieved from Internet archive)
- TransGas, Tâmega Engineering website, accessed Jan 13, 2020
- "Rede Nacional de Transporte 2020". REN-Gasodutos, S.A. Retrieved October 8, 2020.
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Gas (October 2020). "TYNDP 2020 - MAP – Transmission" (PDF). ENTSOG. Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- "Rede Nacional de Transporte de GN". IGN. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "A Rede Nacional de Transporte de Gás Natural (p. 13)" (PDF). Ordem dos Engenheiros. October 11, 2011.
- "REN - Estrutura Acionista". REN-Gasodutos, S.A. Retrieved 2020-10-08.
- "Spain and Portugal Pipelines map - Crude Oil (petroleum) pipelines - Natural Gas pipelines - Products pipelines". Theodora. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- "Portugal exporta pela primeira vez gás natural através de Campo Maior". Dinheiro Vivo. January 30, 2019.
- Diettrich, Pluta, Medrjoubi (July 23, 2020). "The combined IGG gas transmission network data set". DLR Institute for Networked Energy Systems. Cite journal requires
|journal=(help)CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)